Saturday, February 21, 2009

CJ International House

Well, this is where I will be staying at for the next 4 to 6 months - CJ International House. The hostel is situated on top of a really steep hill, so much so that my friend was actually scared she would fall and roll down the hill. That apart, the hostel is absolutely wonderful! It is really posh, like a 3 to 4 star hotel, with it's own lobby and reception! Security is tight too, with security guard and cameras at each room door. We also have to use both the manual and card key to access our own rooms, so it's really super safe.


The picture above is taken from inside the lift. The school logo and the tiger mascot can be seen practically anywhere in the school compound. Also notice that there are some storeys that have been blocked up by white tape. This is actually a lift that can be taken by males. In CJ House, students cannot visit the rooms of opposite gender. Anyone who breaks the rules will be expelled immediately (as written on the handbook). In fact, guys cannot even visit the floor of girls! Hence, this lift that is used only by guys can only reach floors that the guys reside. Females get their own lift too.
This is the view of CJ House from the inside of the hostel. The hostel vaguely reminds me of MacDonald House in Dhoby Ghaut. The building itself is super long, so I really pity those who stay at the end of the building and have to walk all the way out to take the lift. As for me, I stay right beside the lift. Heh.




This is my room! It's really cool, with a balcony of my own, and heater plus air con too. And I get an attached toilet as well, so it is really convenient. The room looks rather messy, as Ziyi and I were still busy packing our stuff, but it's alright now! Nice and clean! Below picture shows the front end of the room.


This is the view I see from the balcony. I can actually see the Seoul skyline from my room, as well as some mountains too. At night, the whole skyline lights up, and looks magical. And the best thing is, it doubles up as a refrigerator! The weather is so cold that I can just leave perishible goods outside and they will stay as fresh as if they had come right out of the refrigerator!

This is another type of hostel for the more budget-conscious. The room's half the price of the CJ House, but the facilities are not as good. The picture above is a hostel for females, whereas the hostel in the picture below serves the guys.



No comments: